Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 1 of many...

So, I hit my fat girl rock bottom about a week ago. Actually...I've hit fat girl rock bottom many times, but finally am acknowledging it. How did I know? Well it began with me being embarrassed to see people I haven't seen in a long time. I was embarrassed to see them, because mind you, I've never been skinny...but I've never been this BIG! I am also tired of not fitting anything that has a button and a zipper...ugh. Another clue... I am finally embarrassed to say my weight. When I hit 150 (about 10 years ago) no biggie. 170....still could say it out loud. 190 after I had my kids....still OK. 226...getting harder...but could say it out loud. I weighed myself last night....230. I am mortified. Funny how a number could set me off. I just thought, wow...230? really? I would have to loose 100 lbs to feel normal. Ugh. How could I let myself get this way. Another thing.... My daughter (who is 4) asked me when I am going to be done growing the baby in my tummy. Ok, time to loose some weight. I think about it constantly. Now tonight, I took the first step in doing something about it! I have a few friends that have been motivating me along the way. First my friend Lyd.....took up running. I am admirable of her and wanted to do the same. She has been really motivating me to do something about my weight. I don't want to be the fattest girl at our girl get togethers..:) I have to start! My friend Terri... started weight watchers and lost 4 lbs by following the weight watchers! She is a good motivator and a wonderful encourager! I have to start! Tera, she has been doing work out videos and I think eating healthy too.... I've been very proud of her also...I have to start! My sis in law Sonia, I know she has a gym membership and I am jealous when I hear she is going to the gym.. :) I have to start! My friend Ang, she is always eating healthy snacks and living a healthy life. She likes to work out at the gym too and we talk about going for walks too... I have to start! So, what I am trying to say is that I have lots of support. My husband even wants to loose weight and we are starting to be on the same page, because usually we are competitive with each other in all the wrong ways. Like he will be on board with exercise and weight loss and I won't...and vice versa. I have some goals. Here they are. 1. to be healthy. I do not want to be the fat mom on the sidelines when my kids are playing sports. I want to be in shape to run along side my kids. I don't want them to have my bad habits. 2. I want to look good! I am tired of being the fat, funny girl (thanks to Jenni from the block for this). I have my brothers wedding coming up and a couple of girls trips. I just want to be able to be comfortable. I'm not any more. 3. I feel that I am finally in the prime of my life and I don't want to be overweight. I want to be healthy inside and out.
Tonight, I was sitting on my bed ready to start my nightly tradition of laying in front of the TV and I told my friend Lyd, I should go running huh...she said, "yes! how far" I said a mile. She gave me a good idea to start with 20 mins. I took my nike+ and set for 20 mins. I ended with 1.72 miles and averaging a 12 min mile! I can't wait to run again tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. You got this girl!! You are a smart, wonderful, brave person and you have overcome much bigger things in your life than this! You can do it and you will look even MORE beautiful than you do now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stoked to be part of your blog... I love you and am so proud of you! AWESOME JOB 1.72 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, this blog is a good way to be accountable. Maybe I should start a blog... I have many weird thoughts I should be sharing... haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I did this blog. I want to put it all out there...and maybe, just maybe I will hold myself accountable.... :)
    Thanks girls! I love you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I love you Mole! Im so proud of you and you have definately given me some inspiration with this info, I got to reading the first part of this blog and it's like you took the words right out of my mouth! So today, I made me a salad from home, nice and healthy, not too much dressing and I am walking tonight! I even took a walk last night, so here I am thinking, this isn't so bad! HAHA, lets see if I can keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fast! you are a fit lady and just don't know it right now. You are going to be running like 8 minute miles before you know it!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete